Marin MakerSpace strives to use the energy and vision of the Maker culture to create a community of empowered and creative Makers in Marin County, California. We've got tons of tools for MEMBERS to use (3d printers, laser cutters, and lots more) and a bunch of friendly people who want to show off their projects and help you with yours. We also host periodic field trips and classes to help us learn new skills.
Marin MakerSpace seeks to create and sustain a friendly, open, community oriented organization and physical location for creative and technical experimentation to benefit the arts, sciences and culture of the people of Marin County and its surrounding areas. Our goals are to:
- Establish and maintain a physical space centrally located within the Marin County Area that fosters creative technological exploration and invention.
- Support a nurturing community of makers devoted to extending Marin MakerSpace’s purpose through education and collaboration.
- Empower Marin MakerSpace’s members to create, experiment and invent interesting and novel ways of using technology.
- Create an environment that fosters creativity and the development of art and culture.
- Encourage and support the sharing of research, techniques and knowledge with our community and the world.
- Strive to fulfill its mission while always being respectful and mindful of our fellow citizens and operating in ecologically responsible ways.
- Actively engage with the community of Marin on issues aligned with Marin MakerSpace’s purpose.